Two injured in Blairgowrie shop fire

Paramedics treated two people who suffered burn injuries in Blairgowrie on June 15, reports the Randburg Sun.

Netcare 911 media liaison Nick Dollman explained that a small explosion or fire at a shop had caused the injuries.

“Reports from the scene allege that the victims were lighting food warmers, similar to ones used in restaurant warming trays, when one of them exploded,” he said, adding that the 35-year-old man sustained severe burns to a large portion of his body.

“He was attended to by a Netcare 911 advanced life support paramedic and burn wound protocols were followed. Analgesic medication was also administered to ease the significant pain that the victim was experiencing.

“The second patient, his young sister, had sustained burns to her hands and legs. She was in a stable condition.”

The siblings were stabilised and then transported to a nearby hospital for further care.

Caxton News Service

Read original story on randburgsun.co.za

International News

Top

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Barberton Times
Corridor Gazette
Hazyview Herald
Lowvelder
Mpumalanga News
Nelspruit Post
Steelburger News
White River Post


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other